We deliver affordable, clean-burning propane in order for you to cook, heat your water, and heat your home and/or business. We are a full service propane company, unlike many other companies, and we service all related propane equipment.
Propane has a long-standing history of safety. It is also highly regulated, which helps support propane’s safety record. The NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) has set standards for propane use and storage. Propane is naturally odorless, colorless, and non-toxic; however, a scent is added to detect potential hazardous leaks.
What to do if you smell propane:
- Do not turn any devices ON or OFF. This includes light switches, phones, computers, flashlights, and appliances.
- Immediately instruct all inhabitants to leave the home or commercial building. Do not try to find the source of the leak.
- Use a phone or cell phone, outside of the building or area that the propane was detected, and notify Wever Petroleum.
- If the propane is detected outside, preferably move upwind from the detection location and call Wever Petroleum.
Other safety tips:
- Propane appliances should have proper air circulation at all times.
- The flame should burn blue in color. A yellow or orange flame may indicate poor venting or combustion.
- Keep flammable or combustible materials away from propane appliances and storage tanks.
- Use propane appliances for originally designed use only.
- Never use cooking stoves for heating.
- Always maintain a fire extinguisher in your home.